10 Ways to Help Find New Micro-Adventures
Adventuring itself is a challenge but sometimes finding the adventure can be the biggest challenge.
Facebook is making it easier with it's "interested" button, but do you find yourself on more adventures? Maybe.
Many people have asked me my secrets for finding cool things to do, so I decided to write them down and share here.
- Check out your local Parks and Rec. No, don't go binge watching Parks and Rec. Leslie is awesome, but probably not going to help you find adventures. Your local parks and rec has loads of fun classes to take and many times they have some wonderful drop in classes too.
- Your State Game and Fish Department for classes, volunteer opportunities, and other outdoor info.
- Google specific adventures you want to try. Easiest way to learn about new things in your area.
- Check out Women on Adventures calendar. We can help get your out of that rut.
- Stop doing what you do, and do something different. When you force yourself to change your routine or pattern of behavior new ideas will come to you.
- Pay attention. Watch, read, look around and get inspired by things around.
- Be a kid again! Think about the things you enjoyed as a kid and do them with your friends. Roller skating, kickball, dodgeball, volleyball, or anything you once loved. Check with local facilities they sometimes have adult nights.
- Dance classes at local restaurants. Google belly dancing, salsa, line dancing, or bollywood to find your next move.
- Do something creative at home or out with friends. Painting, coloring, sketching, writing, or sculpting.
- Learn something new by checking out the schedule at your local community college.
Enjoy your next adventure! We can't wait to see what you come up with. Don't forget to share on social so we can see your adventure! #womenonadventures